Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Scotland Day 4

A day trip along the coast of the East Neuk of Fife, we stopped in a few fishing villages, and even had the best fish and chips in Scotland (and the whole world, I think). No joke, they sure did live up to their name. We then headed to St. Andrews to visit the Old Course, Castle and Cathedral. We saw lots of the farmland and barley fields, important for the Scotch whisky. We also stopped in the village of Falkland and checked out the palace. Once we returned to Edinburgh, I had my first haggis, which I loved! I'm so glad I couldn't remember what it was made of at the time of ordering it and eating it.  It was ordered a few more times over the course of the trip, I liked it that much! We then found a pub with some live Scottish music and settled in for the evening.


Our first views of the east coast of Scotland
 
 

Barley (I think)

The Old Course at St. Andrews
 
 

St. Andrews Castle
 

St. Andrews Cathedral
 
 
 

I'm holding up really well, walking miles and miles every day
is way less tiring than taking care of two little kids
 

The Village of Falkland
 

Ridiculously mini tonic water for me.

Haggis
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment