Wednesday, September 15, 2010

example #1

Here it is, one of my grains being used. Aztec blend: wild rice, brown rice, split peas and amaranth. I mixed in some left over bbq'd corn, butter, salt, pepper and garam masala spice. Which is my new favourite spice for fall cooking...it just tastes like fall should taste.
Also, I'm kind of thinking of eating vegetarian more nights of the week. Biggest reason being, I'm too disorganized to have fresh meat in the fridge, or the planning ability to thaw out some from the freezer. It's usually...hmmm...we're hungry...what should we make? Mind you, that squash took a damn long time to cook. And there are lots of good reasons to eat less meat, environmental, health wise, and financially. We were nice and full after this, we didn't do any evening snacking after this dinner.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment